Saturday, March 26, 2011

It Takes Time

Life has its ups and downs. At the moment my ups and downs are defined by my weight. I have tried many diets...done lots of exercise and nothing has ever seemed to stay with me or work. I would get into exercising and then get sick..have surgery..the weather would keep me from getting to the gym-it seems like anything and everything would get in my way and push me back. I would soon end up back where I started...feeling fat, uncomfortable, depressed and I wanted to give up.

It wasn't long ago that I decided to make a decision for my life and what I would soon know, for others as well.  I decided that only I can do this. Only I can make myself happy whether I be fat or skinny. My decision was none of the above. Surprised? Well, I made a different decision. I decided I wanted to be healthy. I want to live a happy and healthy life and a long one if God chooses that for me. I want to motivate others and with what I have done so far I feel I am at the start of doing what I put my mind to.

In February I started Weight Watchers. The first week I had to go out of town for my job and eat out for every meal. Needless to say I gained a little over 2 pounds that week. After that it was on! I started the plan full force and I have cheated here and there, who doesn't? But I feel more free with my meal choices and I am happier than I have been in a while trying to "diet".

March 1st I decided to challenge myself...step it up a bit. I posted this on Facebook for accountability because I needed motivation for myself and letting the Facebook world in on this I felt I couldn't give up. I have posted a picture everyday since the first about my activity for that day...even worked with a personal trainer. My body has been toning up, I can tell but the weight hasn't been falling off which has been discouraging. At times when it was time to weigh in I wanted to scream because that number was not what I wanted to see. I then step back and look at what I have been doing...how I have improved my life with food, exercise and how I have motivated others with what I have been doing and I know I can't stop now. God has given me the chance to take care of me and prove to others I CAN!

So many people have told me how much I have motivated them and that feeling is phenomenal! I pray God continues to give me this strength and drive to take care of myself and the knowledge to teach others how to do the same. I have a friend, Michelle who is also doing weight watchers and we motivate one another when life isn't so much the life we ask for. This summer we will both be out of town for work but thankfully we will be working together. We will help one another...share recipies...cook together...exercise together and even have our occasional "bad food" nights together and I can't wait. It is important to have support in areas of your life where you are not the strongest and with friends like Michelle and family I know I won't fail.

I love being a motivator and I love this journey I am taking to get there...now enjoy this picture of my 5 point banana pudding! Ah! The sweet things in life!

GOD BLESS YOU TOWARD A HEALTHY LIFE!


2 comments:

  1. Well, I almost cried, but I held it back. I am so ready for this summer too. I was thinking just yesterday how I am going to be missing so many things this summer. Going to the beach with Jen and the kids, the birth of Ellie Jo, Heidi's high school graduation, my Dini dog, etc. But then I thought of all the positive things I would be gaining (which does not include any extra weight) by playing catch up with a close friend (you!!) and going to Keisha's wedding, and just taking time for myself without any of those wonderful distractions I mentioned earlier. I know I will grow and live this summer in a way that will shape me into a better self for the new school year. Am going to try the bananna pudding very soon...loots great!! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well sorry I made you "almost" cry...
    We will be away from "home" but doing great things elsewhere...I mean think about it..we get to do laundry at "WE DO LAUNDRY"...stay in the Golden Manor Hotel...shop in Radcliff and eat chicken at Dodge's Chicken in Muldraugh, KY!! What a great time!! haha. Life is what it is and it leads us where HE wants us to go. No extra weight is correct...the gym there is amazing and hopefully there will be a good Zumba instructor like last year. We will have a great time...I know. There will be Jailhouse pizza, The Cheesecake Factory...Joe's Crab Shack OCCASIONALLY but we will NOT overdo it on the eating out...we will have fun and get our job done..that is what life is all about..experiences and this is one we can plan on enjoying.

    ReplyDelete