Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Poetry for my Motivation


It jiggles, it shakes..it's because I ate too much cake.
It bulges, it's gross...it's definitely from a fast food overdose!
It just hangs there, it taunts me and I am trying SO hard to make it something it does not want to be..
Okay, so maybe not real hard, but I go to the gym...when I can..
Well, when I feel like it.
So, maybe that is why those skinny jeans won't fit..hmmmm.
I am tired of making New Year's resolutions, eating foods I don't like...that is NOT the solution!
I want my coffee with extra cream
French fries with lots of ketchup, pizza with all the good toppings...
To eat ANYTHING I want!! That seems to be every overweight American's dream!
Heart disease, cancer, diabetes, sleep apnea and more...these are just a few diseases that can knock on the obese door..
See, I was raised on cornbread and beans...my meat was never lean.
Save room for dessert because it was never lacking (I am guessing this is why my waistband is not slacking).
Sweet tea or a NON diet Pepsi more than once a day...
I guess that stuff was never okay...but it seemed to be..it fulfilled me.
These days everything we eat has to be called out, not by name, but by calories!
Live, laugh, love...right?
I LOVE FOOD and when I can't have what I want it puts me in a bad mood.
I don't like portion control or smaller plates...I don't really enjoy lifting weights..well, I don't really know how.
MOOO!! Another reason I sometimes feel like a cow..
I can throw out so many excuses, but in the end I know what I want so, therefore, I know what I need.
I want to be healthy and not die at a young age.
I want my clothes to fit and not be self conscious about what may be hanging out.
I want to run a marathon and never have doubt..
Doubt that I can't do something and I want to feel in my mind and HEALTHY heart that I can do everything!
If I have to give up a lifestyle I once knew then that is okay..I like new challenges..I challenge myself to take on a new challenge everyday!
I want others to look up to me so I can challenge them to also become healthy.
It is time to stop putting that New Year's resolution that I made for years off to the side...On that resolution my life resides.
Hamburgers, cake, pizza..se la vie...I'm ready to create this new me!

3 comments:

  1. This is funny!! And, I really like the photo...hmmm...wonder where that was? Good ole KY! We looked so cute that day, and I remember feeling pretty. I need that more in my life! Words are just words, but they sure do say and mean alot! Your "new day" starts on Thursday buddy! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOOAH! I have been doing good going to the gym though...feeling it and it does feel good...remember though...sometimes you just need a hamburger..hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how could I forget, and with WW you can have one, just use whole wheat buns and lean beef and lots of free veggies!!

    ReplyDelete