Monday, January 30, 2012

I HAVE A TESTIMONY

A few months ago I was so discouraged as my clothes kept getting tighter and tighter. I could not figure out what was going on. I had doctor’s appointment after doctors appointment and everything kept coming back normal. Soon I began to develop dizziness with the weight gain, then headaches, fatigue, then severe body aches. I was scared of what my body was doing, but yet none of the doctors could seem to help me. I was afraid I would keep getting bigger and bigger and that my body would continue to fail me. I hated going to my closet. I did not feel comfortable in my own skin and I cried about it often. I wanted to change the way I was eating, which really was not that bad except when candybars and cakes called my name, but I felt "What's the use? Nothing seems to help me." It wasn't long after that when I really started to get closer to God and then the church talked about fasting and I was definitely not going to miss out on this because I wanted to be as close to God as I could get.

Yesterday was the official FINAL day of my 21 day fast. I cut out those convenience store snacks and soda that I seemed to turn to in times of my sad and fat life. In the beginning I was worried this would be hard, but God gave me strength and I didn't have any problems staying away. I grew closer to God and started focusing on diet and exercise during this time. In 2 weeks (this is when I started the diet) I have lost 7lbs and I am so happy. I have also started reading "MADE TO CRAVE" by Lysa TerKeurst and this book really opens your eyes on the way you eat. God does care about your health and happiness within yourself. The book talks about how God can help you with your cravings...How to satisfy your cravings with God instead of food. I like to read it while on the treadmill. She incorporates the Bible in with her book/study. I have never felt so empowered and confident that I WILL reach my goal weight. I have tried many diets, but none with God. He wants me to succeed. He wants me to be happy. He has wanted me to see what I am seeing within myself now and I am so thankful I have finally opened my eyes.

Last night in church there were testimonies. Great testimonies! A lady who had cancer has been healed. Another lady spoke of someone in her family who had cancer and lost her vision and she has been healed. Listening to this made me think..."I have a testimony too!" The past few months, as I mentioned before have been rough. I have been in pain both emotionally and physically and since I saw the light of God shine though me I have not had the bad headaches like before, I have not been dizzy in a while, I can workout and clean my house and my body does not hurt me like it did before. I can eat and LOSE weight now, I can have the will power I never even grasped onto before. I CAN BE HAPPY! AND I AM! God is so amazing and I am so thankful to be a child of God!

"He's my rock, He's my shield. He's my wheel, in the middle of the wheel. I know He will never, no never let me down. He lifts me up and plants my feet on solid ground!" (From a song in church)

2 comments:

  1. OH!!! Yes!!! We are overcome by our testimonies (and the blood of Christ). The testimonies you shared are so wonderful, as God shown me a scripture passage in which the disciples were not able to heal a child. When they approached Jesus and asked why they couldn't do it, Jesus told them that this kind go out only by PRAYER AND FASTING! Fasting is so important in our spiritual life indeed! Matthew 17:16-26 and Mark 9:24-34 (same account/different author)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! I didn't realize how important it was until I did it. God opens our eyes up but we have to do work too. He is so good to us and I can't thank him enough. The one lady in church that was giving her tetimony about the cancer last night was so excited and blessed and thankful that she couldn't think of words to say. Her smile was so joyful and I had tears in my eyes of happiness. How can we not love God when He does things as great as this? He is so AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete