Thursday, January 19, 2012

TOO MUCH WATER???

Set 1 of squats with weights turning at the waist switching sides each time I squat....complete...set 2....complete....set 3....OUCH! OH MY GOSH! I CAN'T WALK!! WHAT THE WORLD???

See, I got to the gym around 6pm and had already had 9 cups of water, working on another one and some coffee so you know what that means...yes, the bathroom and I were pretty close yesterday. It seemed like everytime I sat down I had to go again.

I was so excited to work out! I wanted to get about 45-60 minutes of cardio in, but that was cut short because after about 25 minutes my bladder could not hold it anymore so to the bathroom I go again after just going before I got on the treadmill...and about 4 times at my house after I got home from work at about 5:15! This was getting annoying...really annoying, but I am supposed to stay hydrated, right? Water is good for you, right? Well, I found out the hard way that you CAN drink TOO much water...really, I didn't drink too much, I just drank it within a short amount of time so my body released it quickly and often which diluted my sodium levels quite a bit. Sodium is an important electrolyte that helps regulate the body fluids and we all know electrolytes are important to have when working out. Since I drank so much water so fast releasing all of my electrolytes my cells in my body were acting crazy and caused the cramping that sent me out of the gym quickly.

At least I made it to the gym. Today I am so sore like I worked out for hours so I feel like I did something, but this evening I am going to focus on cardio more to work this soreness out and right now I am drinking a vitamin water to help replenish what I lost yesterday...and I have only had 5 cups of water so hopefully I will be ok. You live and you learn I guess. I'm trying to get healthy and if a little HURT gets me there then I am ok with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment