Monday, April 12, 2010

Challenges

Sometimes in life you are faced with challenges. These challenges, some just complain about, and other decide to figure out a way to overcome them. Me, I overcome them. As you may have read in previous blog post, I don't like a complainer.

This weekend many challenges came my way. My friend and I Walked for a Cure at Greenhill Park in Salem, VA. This was an amazing opportunity for me. I was able to walk for my step-mom who is a little over a 5 year survivor. While waiting for our walk to start we watched the runners. There were so many people out there running for a cure for breast cancer. One that stood out the most was a current breast cancer lady. She went running by in her pink shirt and her bald head with a smile on her face. Everyone cheered her on and clapped as she sprinted by. To her and all other women out there, breast cancer is a challenge. I can only imagine how tough it is to overcome, but she was out there RUNNING! She did not let this stop her.

Michelle, Connie, and I faced a smaller challenge, but to us it was a challenge. We picked up the pace a little during our walk and ran ourselves. Connie would set goal markers for us to run to. With someone there to push you along the way, it really helps. I am getting to the point where I want to tackle another challenge. I want to help people, I want to push people...I want to get to the point where I can be that inspiration pushing someone to the next mile marker. For this challenge I am going to continue to push myself and workout harder to get where I want to be in order to help others. When I put my clothes on they fit better...and one outfit I put on over the weekend really surprised me when I saw the picture...I feel like I am doing a great job!! We had a great time at this walk and I look forward for many more to come.

Another challenge I faced over the weekend was a challenge with God and myself. God, I believe, puts us in situations to make us realize that we have strayed from our faith. I have an issue that I deal with daily, and my friends know about this, and sometimes I let it get me down. Well, I did something about it last weekend and I thought I was happy. I prayed to God to let me see the light, please give me the truth...well, God answered. This weekend I realized that this was not right for me. Although it upset me I had to realize that God answered my prayers. He had seen that by being in the situation I was in that I was letting my faith out. God knows best and I thank Him so much for giving me the answer.

Because of my stress and the things I want to accomplish I went to the gym yesterday (worked HARD), cleaned my house, cleaned my car, and fixed my dinner for last night and my lunch for today...oh, and showered twice...It was a very productive day, and I have been a little under the weather, but overall I feel FANTASTIC!! God is Goood...Oh so good!!

3 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you, and I understand those feelings. I have been there. I am just glad that you have the strength that I don't always have to just say no and move on. Sometimes you might slip back, but you never stay there and settle! To me, you are so strong in that way! I aspire to be the same way!! So, thank you! Now, on to the next one in a few weeks, so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute pic of you in the white pants!

    ReplyDelete