Monday, April 19, 2010

I have been slacking...


I have been slacking, not on exercising, but on posting. Well, also maybe a little on the eating..just Friday. We had a going away lunch at my favorite restaurant, Olive Garden for one of my fav's, CPT Rockshead (that is me and him in the pic above...he will be missed), and I ate what I wanted. I still went to the gym and did lots of arm and core exercises (was sore the next day) and I did have ice cream with oreo's in it that night...Yummm!! I knew the next day was going to be a protein day and I was fine with that. I just kept myself busy so I didn't even think about the fruits and veggies. I went to the gym AGAIN and worked on legs, core, and did cardio (sore again). Yesterday I was still not in ketosis, but I know I had been doing everything right so I ate only protein until about 4pm when I had an apple (after the gym AGAIN). And I still was not in ketosis today, but I know I am eating right and exercising my butt off so I am going to continue with my normal fruits and veggies and just ask about it at my weigh in on Thursday. I can tell I am getting smaller...my pants don't want to stay up and that definition in my stomach is starting to show through (WOOOHOOOOO!!!!) I am going to keep up the good work and stay on this thing like white on rice!

People are noticing my weight loss, even trainers in the gym...they mention it and show me things to help out with what I want to work on most...it is great! This whole diet/exercise thing has been a great inspiration to me because now I want to learn how to become a physical trainer...once I get to where I need to be that is. I love the transformation in myself and to be able to tell people how to work a certain muscle or maybe what they are doing wrong...to be able to "fix" things is wonderful! I am actually going to help my lil sis today. We are going to go for a brisk walk and along the way I plan on talking to her about her eating habits and try to help her out..

There is a part of me that is a little scared...I was just tasked to go to Fort Knox this summer from 23 May to 8 August. I know I am going to continue to exercise and eat right (with what I can from a hotel microwave), but it is just going to be me encouraging me out there. I know I can do it, but without the docs and the medicine they have been giving me I am worried what will happen...I refuse to gain my weight back, but is it going to be harder?? We will soon see....Well, I feel like I am rambling so I think I am done...Until next time I am going to be like the energizer bunny!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Hey, so glad you got the confirmation today. And, yes, it will be hard, because there will be temptations out there. But, trust me, no really great food places outside of Knox. Well, except the Papa John's across from the tanning place, but you can resist it, and maybe give in every now and then. The key is, you know what to do and how to fix it when you do "cheat", so just remember those key elements. Talk to Dr. Shaffer, and you will be alright. Just call me, and I will keep you encouraged and motivated all 76 days!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...thanks. I may end of writing a book by the end of this...."76 ways to eat healthy from a microwave"...haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, I will be the editor, and we will both make bank!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and do not try the pizza hut down the road from the hotel...lots of bugs. stick with papa johns

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ewwww...that is nasty...Im going to try not to try the Papa Johns as well. I have worked toooo hard...but I do love pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah, I forgot about that Ash! Bugs in both of our pizzas...not so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete