Monday, April 5, 2010

Great, Beautiful, Blessed, and Happy...I think



It was a beautiful blessed weekend. It all started Friday when LTC Hansen released all of us HRA's to go home early and enjoy the sunshine. I had to head over to the weigh station to get an extra week of phentermine since I am only going every two weeks now. When you go every week they give you a shot. They said I could buy the shot for $10 and take it with me, which means I had to give myself the shot. I was a little scared about doing that and also taking a needle with me. I decided to go in the bathroom and just do it...AND I DID! I GAVE MYSELF A SHOT RIGHT IN THE LEG!...then, I gave the needle back to the nurses to discard properly. I then headed to the Downs residence to dog and cat sit. I finished up the dog and cat sitting on Saturday afternoon and headed to Roanoke to hang with my friend, Michelle.

We enjoyed some sunshine and planned our night. It started with, okay, so let's just eat a burger...so O'Charley's it was! After the burger and fries we had a wonderful brownie with ice cream and caramel!! IT WAS SCRUPTIOUS!!! We knew we would have to start over, but that is why we are strong women...we knew we could do it...We then had a night of fun. I was in a funk of some sort and could not figure out why...I have stuff on my mind it feels like, but I don't know what it is, but that did not ruin things...I ran into someone special; a great friend and because of that, well, I have not started over until today...because that certain special someone took me out for lunch yesterday we we just enjoyed it together. We hadn't been out in a while. We also had a good day just being together...walking across the Martin Luther King Jr. bridge in Roanoke, snapping pictures, laughing, and just hanging out...being us. I am still not sure what is going to come of this, but I know we are and always have been great friends...He has always made me smile. We have had our ups and downs, but for some reason we keep bumping into one another....What does God have in store for me?? I will just have to wait and see...

I am ready for another week of work, exercising (I feel like I have betrayed the tread mill the past 3 days), and eating healthy....I weigh in Thursday...so excited to see this!

P.S. The pics are from the weekend..

6 comments:

  1. Like I said before, so glad that you ended up like we started on Sat night, HAPPY! Life is just funny sometimes isn't it? We love who we love, and we get hurt, but it's all about living and learning, and hoping to do better the next time around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easter weekend kicked my butt. When family is around, all I want to do is eat. Now, I have to work extra hard this week to try and get back to where I was. But like you said, Strong Women.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly....luckily I didn't celebrate Easter this year...Holidays are just not the same anymore without my dad. I didn't go WAY overboard, but I am sure if I had been around a table full of goodies it would have been different. It is hard to pass up that homemade cooking. I worked it all out in the gym yesterday though...had to catch up and I am feeling it today, but feeling it good...We just have to continue to be STRONG WOMEN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS- Where did you get the template background for your blog. I've tried, but can't get the ones off the internet to work.

    ReplyDelete