Monday, April 26, 2010

God Is GOOD!



This weekend was the best weekend a girl could ask for.

For a long time now I feel like I haven't taken time out for myself. I am always doing something and it always involves other people lives. I dogsit, babysit, clean, go here, go there, work...but each day is routine for me; never anything new. Don't get me wrong, I love helping people and I love my job, but I needed a vacation. I finally got one (at least that is what I called it).

My family and I got together this weekend to do something great. We walked 3.5 miles for the March of Dimes March for Babies walk in Greensboro, NC for my niece Tessa Nicole and all the other premies out there who need assistance.

Friday afternoon Michelle and I got on the road. The first address in the garmen was Four Seasons Mall in Greensboro, NC. We had a slight tough time getting there with the criss cross directions and the geese flying into my car and the huge piece of something in the road that I ran over which then shoved itself into the bumper of the person behind me...but we got there. We explored the mall mainly focusing on the stores we did not have at home and it was great. Lots of sales, good buys including the blizzards from Dairy Queen in the food court (Yeah, no diet this past weekend). After a great time shopping we punched in my brother's address and headed on over. We pulled up to his beautiful house and see Ashley peeking out from inside my sister-in-laws mustang...her and another little boy were playing hide and seek. We were welcomed with hugs and introductions to the people we did not know. That evening we had a cook out to include hamburgers, hot dogs, sweet potato fries, salad, corn, chips...ummm...I think that was all. Everyone mingled and had a great time. That night the ladies sat up till 1am making the Team Tessa t-shirts for the next days walk. We had a blast.

Saturday morning came and everyone was ready to go. We got up, ate breakfast and ventured out. The day was beautiful. God really blessed us with wonderful weather, wonderful company, and smiles all over. I was proud to turn in my $284 dollars I raised and receive my March of Dimes t-shirt (seperate from the ones we made). Our team won the t-shirt contest, my brother and sister-in-law spoke on stage and made everyone cry and then it was time to start. My brother and sister-in-law had smiles on their faces that could have stretched a mile when they looked back and saw everyone participating for something so great and meaningful to them. It was really wonderful. We all completed the walk and had a great time with the music and food and events going on at the park.

That evening, after everyone finished lounging around, we all headed out to a Japanease Steak house..this was a first for me and it was so MUCH FUN!! Sunday morning came too quick and we all had breakfast then had to pack up and head home.

God is sooooo Good. This weekend was amazing. I may not have went sight seeing or splashed around in a water park, but being with the people I love and doing something so great was more than a vacation to me. God Blessed us all this weekend. I really couldn't ask for anything more.

Now, I did weigh in Thursday before leaving and lost 1.4 lbs in the previous 2 weeks. I was a little upset but I know I have been toning muscle so I just let it slide...I am sure I gained that 1.4 back over the weekend...here is why-

Friday afternoon:
Wendy's Single with fries and a diet coke.
King Size Snickers with almonds and a cake

Friday Dinner:
Hamburger, sweet potato fries, salad, corn, chips, and 3 chocolate chip cookies

Saturday Morning:
Honey Nut Cheerios and a muffin, coffee with cream and sugar
Then we got to the park to smell FREE doughnuts, so I halfed one with my niece

Saturday Afternoon:
1 piece of pizza and a bag of trail mix (small bag)

During the day:
Hamburger

Saturday Night:
WOW! Everything from Kabuto
Soup, salad, shrimp, veggies, rice, more shrimp, chicken, fried banannas...I really have no idea how many diet cokes (I kept using the WONDERFUL hot sauce)

Sunday morning:
Eggs, bacon, 2 biscuits with jelly, cereal with almonds, coffee with cream and sugar, a muffin.

Sunday afternoon:
We stopped at a store on the way back to eat our leftover Japanease and also picked up a king size snickers with almonds, a honey bun, and a pack of starburst...diet coke....on down the road Dairy Queen sparked in our heads...I got a blue rasberry slush.

Sunday evening:
Nancy packed us some barbque she had made, put that on a bun and ate it...pretzal m and m's, then my brother convinced me to order a strawberry bananna milkshake..

Needless to say at about 2 this morning I felt like I was going to vomit. I ate enough this weekend to feed an army...When I cheated, boy I really cheated. Today I am eating nothing but PROTEIN. I feel like I gained 10 lbs, but I can't step on the scale. I know what I have to do. Me and the gym are going to become even closer this week and back to the diet it is...until I lose this weight....hopefully.

5 comments:

  1. This was so funny...thanks for not sharing ALL the bad food I ate too!! I haven't had any issues with the protein stuff today, been a good day, not too hungry (obviously!). This weekend was beyond GRRRREEEEAATTT!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you. I ate french fries three times last week and I have to weight tomr. I feel horrible b/c I'm (or was) 3lbs from 10% body weight loss. Plus, people are being rude to me on my blog. I should not write it...I need a positive blog like yours where people aren't rude. I was warned about putting myself out there....pity human beings can't have some humanity for each other.

    If I know you though, you will be right back on track and working harder than ever...that's the Sylvia I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so hard to eat good all the time. Don't feel horrible; at least you know the difference between bad and good and you know what to do about it. And if you are talking about that anonymous person on your blogs then don't worry about whoever that is...That person is annoying. I have read what he/she posts and it is like he/she is just trying to make you mad. You are great and your blogs tell it like it is...people can agree or disagree but your opinion is your opinion and I love it! And yes, I am getting back on track..today all I have had are my supplements, boiled eggs and deli turkey...no veggies or fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still trying to get over how great you look in your picture. You rock! Splurging every now and then is good for the soul. Man, I would love to have some Japanese steakhouse now that you mentioned it. Anyway, I love that after you splurge you just get right back on track immediately. I used to look at it as total failure and completely abandon whatever eating plan I was on :) I may need you to coach me when it's time to lose baby weight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! I feel so much better about myself and I don't feel sick all the time like before. I have to splurge every now and then in order to make it through. I think I may have splurged a little much this past weekend..haha..But I am back on track..I had protein all day yesterday and I am doing it again today...I can't wait to have some fruit again! And you can't be so hard on yourself during dieting...I have done that before as well, but now I have learned the right and wrong ways about it. Sure, I will coach where I can.

    ReplyDelete