Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Cold Day

The leftover chili is perfect for this cold day; you know, one of those days when you just want to snuggle up in a blanket and sleep....low on energy; a day like this would stop most, but not me.

Yesterday I was full of SO much energy. I felt like a ball bouncing all over the place and I just didn't want to stop. I got a week's worth of work done at work and was just happy to be here. I went to the gym and WORKED OUT! I did my running on the treadmill, which I am always proud of and broke a nice sweat. After I returned home (around 8) I wasn't hungry at all, but I knew I had to eat, so I did. After that I feel like someone poked a pin in me and made me flat...I was suddenly exausted! Needless to say I got a good night's sleep.

Now, if only I could take some of that energy from yesterday and use it today. The weather will not stop me though. After work, I am going to do my usual and go to the gym. I know I will feel better when I am done, besides only a couple more weeks till that walk for Breast Cancer. I want to make sure I am fit. I am starting to see some toning going on with my body and that makes me feel good. Other people are starting to notice my weight loss....I get "Wow! You are losing weight! How much have you lost?" I weigh in Thursday and this will be the 27th day on the diet. I am hopeing to move into the 150's range, but not getting my hopes up too much; that would mean 4 lbs in one week (I did 5 not too long ago). Whatever the outcome is I know I have worked hard and I know I am going to keep going for me, for my family, my friends, and for my dad who I know would be proud of me.

Life is pretty nice even on "chili" days (excuse the pun). God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for my chili tomorrow for lunch. I am going to leave it here and bring my cheese blocks to melt in it. I just ate the last bit of my turkey meat, and beans. Tonight, I think I am making baked chicken and Asian style veggies with teriyaki sauce.

    Keep up the good work, even when it's cold. I will have to push myself to do the same tonight.

    ReplyDelete