Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sometimes you just need a hamburger...

So, I wasn't sure if I wanted to do the blog thing or not, then I thought...what the hay!

So, for the past three weeks I have been on this diet. I never really knew how obsessive I was with my weight until I wanted a hamburger...okay, until I got sick (just a stomach bug). This diet is not the easiest in the world. With other diets there is room for cheating. On this one if you cheat you have to start all over...Well, I started over. I had been sick for a few days and when you are sick sometimes you need things and those things to me are food. I couldn't take it anymore!! I was tired of eating lean meat and veggies all the time and drinking nothing but water, a GALLON OF WATER A DAY!! IT WAS MAKING ME ANGRY!! So....

Well, sometimes you just need a hamburger...from Wendy's...and french fries, and a diet coke...and a stop at Burger King for the Hershey Pie....sometimes you just need that!!

I knew after this adventure with the fast food world that I didn't want to give up on my weight loss so I just started over. I had protein, nothing but protein (and a gallon of water of course) all day yesterday. Was I hungry? No, I had satisfied myself and my tummy with the fast food.

I really wasn't sure what I was getting at with this first posting of my new blog, but I think I know now and Michelle said it last night...

You control yourself and what you do. You control what goes into your body and if you choose to eat Big Macs and Chocolate shakes all the time that is on you (and believe me it will be too). There are things in your life you can control and before I went to that fast food joint I knew what I was doing....I knew this wasn't the greatest thing in the world, but it is what I wanted and it is what I got. I knew that I was going to eat protein the next day and I was fine with that..I just needed that fix. I am not angry anymore, not upset....I am satisfied.

Today I have my 4th weigh in and I know that it may not be the best this week and that is because of something I chose to do....If it is not...well....Sometimes you just need a hamburger..

God Bless!!

3 comments:

  1. You definately needed this! We are writers, it's just what we do!! Good luck today, and whatever the outcome, just remember that you are back in the game and ready to win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you do need a hamburger! You've won half the battle when you realize you can't be 100% perfect all the time. You are doing great. Keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this...Love it! Good luck and God Bless!
    Tess

    ReplyDelete