Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Weekend

It was a beautiful weekend although it was a little cold. I was able to see my friend Christi and her two wonderful daughters. It had been since October since I had seen them so time was way overdue. The day started at a church in Roanoke watching the girls decorate cookies, make crafts, hear the story of Jesus, and hunt easter eggs. They had so much fun and it was great watching them smile. Lexi rode with me afterwards from place to place so we were able to catch up on missed times. She has gotten so big, but still so beautiful. She made me an easter bunny ornament, which was very special to me...that she thought of me; they really make me smile. Ayanna was shy at first, but warmed up after a while even to hold my hand while walking through the mall. I was able to shop around with Christi while the girls played at the play place in the mall. Being able to catch up and talk was wonderful. We used to spend so much more time together, but it is harder when you live a distance away. We will definately have to get together more.

I was able to eat lunch with them and we went to Country Cooking. It was hard to pass up the wonderful cornbread rolls and dessert, but I did it. Lexi had made me a cookie, but Christi let her know I couldn't eat it...it was thought that counted.

After spending time with them I met up with Michelle to get pedicures and our nails done. We were able to talk as well...just about life and it was good. We went to another restaurant where it is hard to pass up the good food and desserts, K and W, but we did it..Times haven't been easy lately with certain things that have gone on in both of our lives, but we talk and we don't let food, for the first time, get in our way.

I came home early this morning and have just relaxed today. It has been nice...took a nap, grocery store, a good hot shower, and a healthy dinner. I am ready to take on the week and look toward the future...I no longer dwell on the past; it's not worth it. You can't do anything for things that have happened in the past, but learn from your mistakes. God brings us through many things and we have to be happy for what He has done for us and I am. I am focused, and not worried about what tomorrow holds, yet excited for what He has in store for me.

Matthew 6:33-34
33. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
34. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

5 comments:

  1. Aw, that sounds like a fun day!

    ~Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a great time too, just being girls this weekend. Thank you for listening, and eating healthy with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, hey, I forgot to ask you. Did you buy new panties with Christi? We didn't even go to Walmart. Shoot!! Guess for one more week you are going to be pulling them up on the treadmill. Maybe that will draw the attention of a certain "back cracker"...hahhaah!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like we both had a fun, but tough weekend. So hard when you go out to eat to find something good and portioned right. Then there was the cupcakes.....darn 3 year old bday parties.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle, no problem...always here for you. No, I did not buy new panties...I actually found some in my drawer that I had bought a while back that never fit..I am good to go for now...and haha.

    Brooke, it is hard...passing up all that dessert when you LOVE LOVE LOVE dessert, but I did it...I even passed up cake Friday at the bday celebration that looked soooo good...It is just the will power...I am pulling through, but it is tough...specially right now when I NEED chocolate to get rid of this BLAH feeling...

    ReplyDelete