Friday, March 26, 2010

ONE POUNDER

Okay, really...are you serious?!?! I worked so hard this past week by going to the gym, scarfing down that last bite of broccoli that I just can't seem to stand anymore...passing up that cheesecake at TGI Friday's....and all I lost was ONE POUND!!! Maybe that buger from last week snuck up on me after all, that burger that was probably more than that one pound I lost. And let's talk about inches....I saw that I was only down a pound so I thought, well, I must have shrunk a little...Nope...only in the BOOBS! I shrunk half an inch in the boobs but that was it...everything else stayed the same. THEN I WAS ANGRY!!! Like a raging bull on a Saturday Night Fight...I HAD to talk to the doctor...

Well, I got fussed at. I know doc this isn't going to happen overnight but from the "crying, I have to eat a hamburger" state I was in last week to yesterday, I felt I did pretty good this week. I went from wanting everything in front of me to wanting hardly nothing at all, but instead making myself eat...WHAT THE WORLD...I was reassured that sometimes this happens and next week I may drop 5lbs...it just varies, but OH was I wanting so bad to get down to the 150 range...it will happen (as long as I don't need a hamburger, and I DON'T). Also, I was told not to run, not to do weights and I was like WHAT?? I have been training myself, see, to run because in September I want to run a half marathon and now I CAN'T EVEN TRAIN! I have went from not being able to run a minute on the treadmill to running 15 minutes at a time...I have been sweating and it has felt so good!! I was upset that feeling that I did so good by eating right, running...to find out I haven't done so good..But I still feel that I did.

Well, (I say that a lot) I went to the gym after my weigh in and I set my incline to 1% (doc told me to) and set my speed at 3.5 (doc told me to) and I was walking, walking...feeling like I was doing nothing and my poor little finger just somehow raised itself up to the speed button and made it go up to 4.5....I don't know what happened?? That run did feel good though..very good!! (I am proud of you little finger)

Another day on the scale, that old dreaded thing, at least it was today.
I work so hard to please you so PLEASE TAKE MY WEIGHT AWAY!
Doc says "Do this", "Do that" and I do all that I can
But when that scale does not go down I blame it on YOUR plan..
Although your plan has put me down 10.6 in 27 days,
Okay, I take that back doc, at least your making me healthy, anyway.
I feel so full of energy, so full of life.
I'm not sleeping after I eating and my body is now taking a beating..
WE'RE BEATING IT DOWN, MAKING IT SMALLER!!
"DROP AND GIVE ME 50!" Okay, not yet...but you said once I reach my goal you will teach me how to get fit.
I am on my way doc and I'm not stopping until "The Skinny Lady" sings.
It's time for walking, eating protein, and going by the rules so MOVE OVER fat blobs on my body cause I'm working my way to FINALLY BEING COOL!

Okay...so ARE YOU PUMPED AS I AM??? Skinny is the new me!

1 comment:

  1. This was indeed very creative, and so true! You know I am proud of you and support you no matter what that stupid scale says. But, hopefully next week, it will say -5!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete