Monday, March 22, 2010

From the Cookbook!!

Last night I stayed up later than usual to fix a healthy meal from a cookbook. My experiences with cooking have been just that, experiences. While growing up I never was really in the kitchen unless I was washing dishes or making my dad a birthday cake (from a box); my dad did all the cooking, I did the cleaning...that is how we worked it. When I started living on my own I soon became to realize that maybe that wasn't such a great idea, but there is nothing I can do about it but learn on my own.

Being on a diet, I soon become bored with my food choices so I have to "spice" things up a little from time to time. I got this cookbook from the Weigh Station of recipies that I can make and eat. Well, last night I decided to try my hand at some Texas Chili...I completed the task!!! Today I am enjoying my first, and very filling, bowl for lunch. I have decided that I am going to add some peppers to it when I get home today and let it simmer on the stove for a while...it could use a little more spice. I also made some dip for my fruit last night. CPT R tried it today and I got a thumbs up...WHEW!!

Usually when I look at a recipe in a cookbook I get overwhelmed and discouraged and then I just don't make anything except the same ol' same ol', but now I am changing that. I watched that show on tv about the unhealthiest place in America and some of the things on that show were startling. It is hard to believe what America has fallen into and can't seem to get themselves out of. Step by step we can make a difference. By changing my eating habits and sharing my journey to a healthy lifestyle with others I can be an inspiration and that in itself makes me feel good.

I'm still going stong (without a hamburger).. :-)

3 comments:

  1. I want to try some before you add the extra spices!! Bring me some to the haircut apt...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will put some in a bowl for you...3 servings is more than enough of VERY LEAN meat...you can add your oz of shredded cheese to it for added flavor...remind me this evening around 6:30 ish to put some away for you.

    ReplyDelete